Clinic and Pharmacy Hours:
In honor of the Thanksgiving Holiday, Magers Health and Wellness Center and Pharmacy will be closed November 24, 25, and 26.
Building Open 7:30am-6pm, Monday - Friday
- Clinic Appointments: 8am-4pm, Monday - Friday
- Pharmacy: 8am-6pm, Monday - Friday
Magers Health and Wellness Clinic:
- Please make sure to call the clinic before coming in so we can help you with your questions and your appointments.
- Also, for the medical safety of patients and staff, everyone must wear a mask in Magers.
- Please bring your mask when you com to Magers. If you don't have a mask, we will give one to you at the front door.
- To reduce risks of exposure, please come to the appointment by yourself, unless you must have a translator or guardian.
Occasionally, patients who need medical assistance but do not need to be seen in person, will have the option of using our telemedicine services, if indicated.
- Telemedicine services will allow our Medical Staff to meet with patients and help them by telephone. We utilize your electronic medical record during the visit, so we have full access o your Magers medical records during the visit.
- Our receptionist will help arrange a telemedicine visit if this is appropriate for you at this time.
- Get started by completing the Telehealth Consent form.
If you need to schedule a COVID-19 test, please schedule your same day appointment online by going to the MyHealth Portal.
The Pharmacy lobby is open. All prescriptions and over-the-counter (OTC) items are available in the lobby or through the pharmacy drive-thru.
Magers has 5,000 flu vaccinations available and is vaccinating now. Please go to the appointment section of the Magers Health Portal on our homepage to make your appointment.
- 4-Strain Flu Vaccine - for most patients
- High Dose Flu Vaccine for those 65 years and older
- Egg-Free Flu Vaccine for those with egg allergies
COVID‑19 Pfizer Vaccine Information
Pfizer First and Second Dose Vaccinations - for ages 5 through 11:
Eligible dependents, ages 5 through 11, of Missouri State University employees can receive the Pfizer Pediatric COVID‑19 vaccine, starting Monday, November 8, 2021. This vaccine is approved by the FDA and the CDC in a reduced concentration and volume specifically for children this age. There will be two doses, with the Second dose at least 21 days after the First dose. The vaccines will be given in the Magers Wellness Conference rooms during special times reserved for these children. At the time of your appointment, remember to wear a mask to enter Magers. For all other circumstances, Magers sees pediatric patients who are at least 6 years old.
Parents or Legal Guardians can make the child’s appointment online at the Magers portal or they can register by calling the Magers appointment desk, 417-836-4000. A parent or legal guardian must be present at all times while the child is in the vaccination clinic. More information is available at the following links:
COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens | CDC
Recipients and Caregivers 5-11 years of age (fda.gov)
Pfizer First and Second Dose Vaccinations - for ages 12 and above:
Missouri State University eligible students, employees, retirees, and dependents, ages 12 and up can receive the First and Second doses of the Pfizer vaccine. A federally approved administration fee will be charged for people with insurance and should be paid fully by the insurance. Schedule your COVID vaccine online at the Magers MyHealth Portal.
Pfizer Third Dose Vaccinations/Boosters - for ages 18 and above:
Magers is administering third dose Pfizer COVID‑19 vaccinations by appointment for patients who meet the new CDC guidance.
- Adults aged 18 and older who completed a two-vaccination Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 series, at least 6 months ago, may make an appointment at Magers to receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster vaccination.
- Pfizer Third Dose Pfizer Boosters continue to be available sooner, for the 3% of US adults with severe immunocompromise. These shots are given 1 month or later, following the Second Pfizer vaccination. If you believe you fall into this category, please discuss with your Doctor before scheduling.
- For people who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, booster shots are recommended for those who are 18 and older and who received the single Johnson vaccination two or more months ago.
- Note- Magers has a Pfizer booster for patients who have completed a Moderna series. Magers will not carry Moderna Boosters. If these are specifically desired, then the patient should schedule an appointment at Springfield-Greene County Public Health or another vaccination site.
- Note- Magers has a Pfizer booster for patients who had a previous Johnson vaccination. Magers will not carry Johnson Boosters. If these are specifically desired, then the patient should schedule an appointment at Springfield-Greene County Public Health or another vaccination site.
If you fall into one of these categories, please sign-up for a Third Dose Pfizer COVID‑19 booster vaccination, at one of our Magers COVID Vaccination clinics.
You can do this by going to the ‘Schedule an appointment’ link on this page and following the prompts.
If you need help, please call our Front Desk Receptionists at 417-836-4000.
Scientifically it is ok to schedule your COVID vaccine and your Flu vaccine on the same day. However, to reduce the discomfort of side effects, many choose to separate their vaccines by two weeks.
Schedule your appointment
- If someone needs a COVID‑19 vaccination card, they should contact Magers Medical Records and we will complete one for them.
- If one is traveling or needs an immediate digital copy of their COVID‑19 vaccination, this can be obtained in the Immunization Section of their Electronic Health Record at the Magers MyHealth portal.
- Please bring your Covid-19 Vaccination Card to your Covid-19 vaccination appointment, so the Vaccinator Nurse can update your card for you.
Vaccination Records Entry:
Students and Employees who were vaccinated somewhere other than Magers can email your COVID‑19 vaccination status at Magers.
- Submit a copy of your COVID‑19 vaccination card or other written documentation to Magers. Options include:
- The documentation will be entered into your electronic health record at Magers.
- For employees and for students, your participation with this vaccination will be shared on your behalf with Missouri State University and you will be eligible for any current Missouri State University incentives with this vaccine. If you elect to opt out of this information sharing, notify the Director of Magers Health Center, in writing.
- Check your immunization record through the Magers MyHealth Portal one week later to confirm the vaccination record has been entered.