To better serve you, an appointment is recommended for vaccinations, tuberculosis skin tests, allergy shots, and other care in the treatment clinic. Please call 417-836-4000 to schedule your visit.
TB screening and testing (more information below)
- Blood pressure checks, provided at no charge.
- EKG’s with orders from your physician. If outside physician ordering, please provide your physician’s fax number for delivery of results. Magers Health and Wellness Center physicians will not be responsible for interpretation for outside physician orders.
- Medication administration including scheduled injections and nebulizer treatments. If outside physician has ordered the medication, a Magers Health and Wellness Center provider appointment will be required for review and an administration order.
- Intravenous (IV) initiation and fluid administration as ordered by Magers Health and Wellness Center providers.
- Ear irrigations/washes with orders from Magers Health and Wellness Center providers.
- Immunizations (more information below).
- Lab titers (more information below).
- Allergy injections (more information below).
- Depo-Provera (MedroxyProgesterone) administration (more information below).
Why do I have to do this?
Missouri Law (RS 199.290) requires the following: All institutions of higher education in Missouri shall implement a targeted testing program on their campuses for all on-campus students and faculty upon matriculation. Any entering student of an institution of higher education in Missouri who does not comply with the targeted testing program shall not be permitted to maintain enrollment in the subsequent semester at such institution.
Who is required to do this?
STUDENTS: Those who are newly enrolled or returning after more than a one semester break. Students must complete the requirement before registering for the second semester following the initial semester triggering the requirement of the university.
FACULTY: All new full-time faculty and per-course faculty at Missouri State University.
What do I need to do?
- You must complete a simple short online survey about possible tuberculosis exposure. The survey is accessed through My Missouri State. Select the Campus Life Tab and click the "Tuberculosis Screening Survey" link under the Wellness heading.
For most, completing the survey will fulfill the requirement and no further action will be required.
- If a tuberculosis exposure risk factor is indicated on the survey, tuberculosis testing and further screening is required. The test will consist of a blood sample or a skin test. Testing may be completed at Magers Health and Wellness Center on campus or by another qualified provider.
- Call 417-836-4000 to schedule an appointment at Magers Health and Wellness Center for testing and further screening.
- If testing is completed by another provider, the results must be provided to the Magers Health and Wellness Center Treatment Nurse for review for the following required components: Date administered, date of reading, millimeters of induration, and signature of qualified health care provider. Outside test results may be faxed to Attention: Treatment Nurse at 417-837-3020. Those providing outside results must make an appointment to visit or call the Magers Health and Wellness Center Treatment Nurse at 417-836-4020 to complete the additional screening. There is no cost for this screening encounter.
- If the initial test is positive, further testing and evaluation will be needed before the requirement is met.
Where can I get more information about tuberculosis and risk factors?
View our TB Screening/Testing Information for New Students page for more information.
Whom do I contact if I have more questions about this?
A Magers Health and Wellness Center Treatment Nurse is available at 417-836-4020 to answer questions Monday-Friday 08:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The Treatment Clinic offers a variety of immunizations as listed below to those above 6 years of age. A provider order is required to vaccinate children 6-10 years old and for some of the vaccinations listed below. You may schedule an appointment from 9-11 a.m. and from 1-4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday by calling 417-836-4000.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A/ Hepatitis B combined
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- Influenza (flu)
- IPV (inactivated polio vaccine)
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide (PPSV23)
- Prevnar - Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13)
- Rabies (prophylaxis)
- Shingrix (Shingles)
- Td (tetanus/diphtheria)
- Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis)
*Some immunizations require an appointment with a provider prior to being administered. If you are seeking a tetanus shot for an injury, an appointment to see a provider is needed for an evaluation.
For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
See the recommended immunizations for students for more information.
Child immunization schedule: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/syndicate.html#easy-read).
Adult immunization schedule: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule-easy-read.pdf.
Please note the following:
- Patients are asked to check in at the front desk to facilitate care.
- It is IMPORTANT to provide your vaccine history prior to administration of vaccines.
- If you do not have record of your vaccines, we can assist you in requesting those records. Please call our Medical Records staff at 417-836-4000 to assist you.
- A 15 minute wait after vaccinations is encouraged.
- Insurance coverage for vaccinations varies. Check with your carrier for coverage and for requirements.
The Magers Health and Wellness Treatment Clinic offers immunity testing to determine if you have developed reactivity at a level consistent with immunity for the disease. The purpose of these titers are to determine if vaccinations are needed. These levels do NOT apply for diagnosis of disease.
Titers available include:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Chicken Pox
Titer results will typically be available in 3-5 days.
Results may be obtained in one of several ways:
1. ONLINE: Access your record on the MyHealth Portal site:
- Click myhealth.missouristate.edu. You can also access this link on the Magers Health and Wellness webpage by clicking on “Access MyHealth Portal”
- Log in with BearPass Login and password
- Enter your birthdate
- Select “Medical Records” link in maroon column on left
- You may print this document using the “Print” link in top right corner
2. IN PERSON: Return to Magers Health and Wellness and request printed results at the Front Desk from our Medical Records staff. You will be required to present a picture ID to verify your identity.
3. FAX: Provide a completed and signed “Authorization to Disclose/Release or Obtain Medical Records” form to the Magers Health and Wellness Medical Records staff at the Front Desk. (Form may be accessed on the Magers Health and Wellness webpage - “Medical Records Release.”)
PLEASE NOTE: Results may not be sent via email.
If you have questions or concerns about obtaining titers or the results, please call the Magers Health and Wellness Treatment Nurse at 417-836-4020.
Magers Health and Wellness Center’s goal is to maintain a desensitization program for students, faculty, and staff who have begun an allergy injection program with his or her private allergist. The initial allergy injection cannot be administered at Magers Health and Wellness Center. Patients requesting to continue an established injection program must provide the following:
- Initial allergist orders signed and dated by a physician. All subsequent orders must be signed and dated by a physician, their nurse practitioner, or physician assistant.
- Allergy serum labeled with:
- Patient’s name.
- Expiration date.
- Dilution or concentration.
- Label on bottle matches information on schedule.
- Schedule that includes the frequency of administration.
- Steps to follow in event of missed doses or reactions.
- Must schedule appointment and wait for 30 minutes after injection. First time appointments are 1 hour.
Available times for appointments are as follows:
Wednesday: 9-11am and 1-4:15pm
Thursday: 9-11am and 1-4:15pm
Friday: 9-11am and 1-4:15pm
This information may be sent to:
Magers Health and Wellness Center
Attention: Treatment Nurses
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Treatment nurses administer injections with physician orders. Please call 417-836-4000 to schedule an appointment for your injection.
***PATIENTS MUST CHECK WITH THEIR INSURANCE PROVIDER TO DETERMINE COVERAGE DETAILS***
Options available at Magers Health and Wellness Center with Magers Health and Wellness provider order:
- Scheduling injection appointments in Treatment Clinic for administration using stock medication (fees will include medication and injection fee). Generic options are available.
- Scheduling injection appointment in Treatment Clinic for administration using patient provided medication. Patient obtains medication from pharmacy of their choice and brings to Treatment Clinic. (Fee will be for injection only.)
Prescriptions may be filled at Magers Health and Wellness Pharmacy depending on insurance allowance.
If outside physician has ordered the medication prior to administration, a Magers Health and Wellness Center provider appointment will be required for review of your outside medical record and an administration order. Please provide medical records related to Depo-Provera including gynecological records and date of last dose received.
If your last injection was obtained at another facility, you will need to provide documentation from that health care provider of the date injection was obtained.
If you need assistance obtaining records, please call our Medical Records staff at 417-836-4000 to assist you.