All visitors and staff, if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as cough, sore throat, sneezing, or fever, please wear a mask. All visitors and staff may wear a mask if they choose, masks are available throughout locations in the clinic. Thank you for respecting and protecting others.
Magers laboratory now offers one test that checks for both Covid and Flu with same day results (this test requires an order from a doctor). All laboratory Covid and Flu testing will incur a charge. Magers, as a courtesy, will file these charges with most insurances. If you want a quick test for Covid because you may have been exposed, consider going to Magers Health Pharmacy and request a Free Covid – self rapid antigen test. These tests are available for students, employees, retirees and eligible dependents of employees.
- If you are having Covid or Flu like symptoms call Magers Health, 417-836-4000, to make an appointment during business hours.
Flu vaccination will start on September 18, 2023.
The best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated every year. The flu vaccine offered at Magers Health and Wellness Center are the following:
- 4-Strain Flu Vaccine - for most patients
- High Dose Flu Vaccine for those 65 years and older
- Egg-Free Flu Vaccine for those with egg allergies
Please schedule an appointment through MyHealth Portal. When scheduling a special flu vaccine (Fluzone or Flucelvax) please choose the option in the reservation time designated for the specific vaccine. Please check in at the front desk or the vaccination check in table before receiving your flu vaccination. There is no cost for students. Those on MSU's insurance will not have any out of pocket expenses. Retirees on Medicare will need to check if Magers Health and Wellness Center is in network. Other individuals may incur a charge.
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses, and can cause mild to severe illness. Serious outcomes of flu infection can result in hospitalization or death.
To learn more about Flu; CDC Flu Information.
COVID Information: Limited Covid-19 vaccines appointments now available. Please check with your insurance provider for vaccination payment coverage.
COVID Vaccination Recommendation Update:
- COVID vaccines are no longer free. There will be a charge for the COVID vaccine (see vaccination billing information at bottom of page).
- CDC recommends those who are high risk of severe disease: this includes people who are over 65 or those who have weakened immune systems or certain other medical conditions (such as chronic lung disease, obesity, advanced diabetes or kidney disease) to be updated on their COVID vaccine.
- Pregnant people should get the COVID vaccine.
- The CDC recommends all individuals receive the updated COVID vaccine per vaccination guidelines.
- Individuals can get their COVID vaccine at least two months since your last booster (if you fall into a high risk group, check with your provider).
- The CDC says people who’ve had a recent infection should wait three months to get a booster (check with your provider).
- Magers Health will be vaccinating children 12 and older (that falls within the CDC guidelines).
- You can get the COVID and Flu vaccine at the same time.
COVID-19 Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
When to mask:
- If you're not feeling well
- Pending test results
- Per CDC guidelines if test result is positive
Options for assessment by a physician include:
- Contact Magers Health and Wellness Center at 417-836-4000.
- Contact your primary care provider.
- In case of medical emergency, go to a local hospital emergency room or call 911.
To learn the most up to date recommendations about COVID; CDC COVID Information
Vaccination Billing Information:
- MSU Med-Pay and Academic Health covers all vaccines at 100% at Magers Health and Wellness Center.
- Flu vaccines are provided for students, MSU employees and their covered dependents, and retirees.
- COVID vaccines are no longer free. There will be a charge for the COVID vaccine. Estimated charge is $215, covered by our in-network insurance companies (MSU Med-Pay, Academic Health, and Medicare Part B).
- Medicare (Part B): The following vaccinations are covered at 100% at Magers Health and Wellness Center: Flu, COVID, and Pneumonia.
- Medicare Advantage: Please check with your plan to find an in-network option.
- All other insurances, please check your plan to locate an in-network provider.
- You will be financially responsible for any charges not covered by your insurance.