Useful Health Links
The following websites provide information on various health and wellness topics:
- American College Health Association provides information about Meningitis.
- American College Health Association provides information on Tuberculosis screening and pre-matriculation immunization guidelines.
- American Medical Association provides information on a variety of health topics, including several interactive health assessments, healthy gourmet recipes, kid's health, women's health and much more.
- Centers for Disease Control brings together expertise, information, and tools that people and communities need to protect their health.
- Centers for Disease Control provides information about Meningitis.
- Centers for Disease Control provides information about Tuberculosis.
- Centers for Disease Control Travel Medicine
- Nutrition.gov has online tools to calculate your body mass index (BMI), plan menus, learn about food labels, play nutrition games and more.
- Family Doctor provides scientifically accurate information from a family medicine perspective to improve the health of all individuals and communities.
- FightCancer.org is an online recourse for health and wellness. It is presented with help from the American Cancer Society. Use "bears" as the login.
- Go Ask Alice is a great health and wellness Q & A site run by Columbia University's Health Center.
- Healthfinder provides information and tools to help you stay healthy.
- Mayo Health Clinic provides information on a variety of health-related topics.
- National Institute of Health provides information fact sheets under the publications listing.
- National Institute of Health Neurological Disorders and Stroke answers questions about restless leg syndrome, stroke prevention, low back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and more.
- WebMD provides health information, tools for managing your health and support to those who seek information.