Patient Rights and Responsibilities
The Patient Has a Right
- To be treated professionally, with respect, consideration and dignity.
- A: Appropriate privacy at check-in, during evaluation and treatment, and throughout their
- B: Receive a copy of the Magers Privacy Practices Policy.
- To interpretation services. If possible, let the Front Desk personnel know at least
24 hours prior to your visit, so we can arrange this.
- To be provided information concerning their diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis.
When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information
is provided to a person designated by the patient or if needed to a legally authorized
- To participate in decisions involving their health care if capable.
- To be informed of their rights, prior to receiving care.
- To register complaints, compliments, or suggestions with Magers Family Health and
Wellness staff in person, on the Patient Satisfaction Survey which they will receive
electronically, or with the clinic director-call 417-836-4030.
- To choose your health care provider and to change your provider.
- To complete a living will or other advance directive.
- To decide not to be treated, and be informed of the medical consequences of refusal.
- To Patient disclosures and records are treated confidentially, and patients are given
the opportunity to approve or refuse their release, except when the release is required
- To refuse participation in experimental research.
- To fill prescriptions at your pharmacy of choice.
The Patient Has a Responsibility
- To provide complete and accurate information about their health and all medications,
including over-the-counter products/dietary supplements/herbs, and any allergies and
- To inform the clinician of any changes in their health status that could affect their
- To ask questions and seek clarification regarding areas of concern.
- To keep appointments on time.
- To cancel appointments only when necessary and far enough in advance so other patients
may utilize that time.
- To follow the agreed upon treatment plan prescribed by his/her provider and participate
in his/her care.
- To accept financial responsibility for their charges including any charges not covered
by his/her insurance.
- To act in a considerate and cooperative manner with the Magers staff, as well as other
- To provide a responsible person to transport you home and remain with you there, if
- To inform your provider about your living will, medical power of attorney, or other
advance directive that could affect your health care.