Covid Testing Update: effective 10/24/22
Magers Health and Wellness Center offers COVID-19 testing options during business hours.
- Magers laboratory now offers one test that checks for both Covid and Flu with same day results (this test requires an order from a doctor).
- All laboratory Covid and Flu testing will incur a charge. Magers, as a courtesy, will file these charges with most insurances. Check with your insurance company to see what they cover.
- If you are having Covid or Flu like symptoms call Magers Health, 417-836-4000, to make an appointment during business hours.
- If you want a quick test for Covid because you may have been exposed, consider going to Magers Health Pharmacy and request a Free Covid – self rapid antigen test.
- If you are needing a laboratory documented Covid test for return to work, travel, etc.. call Magers Health to make an appointment during business hours.
COVID-19 Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
When to mask:
- If you're not feeling well
- Pending test results
- Per CDC guidelines if test result is positive
Options for assessment by a physician include:
- Contact Magers Health and Wellness Center at 417-836-4000.
- After hours, contact the Mercy Nurse on Call at 417-820-6055.
- Contact your primary care provider.
- In case of medical emergency, go to a local hospital emergency room or call 911.
Magers offers COVID‑19 testing for students, employees, retirees and eligible dependents of employees.
Additional information about COVID‑19 symptoms can be found on the CDC symptoms webpage.