The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is a student organization that acts as a liaison between Taylor Health and Wellness Center and the students of Missouri State University. SHAC helps to ensure that students continue to receive excellent health and wellness care.
- Advise the Taylor Health and Wellness Center administration on student-focused programs
- Become actively involved with the campus community and gain leadership experience
- Assist in the delivery of information about Taylor Health and Wellness Center’s varied services, promote healthy lifestyles and participate in health promotion activities
- Review current policies and programs and make recommendations to committee advisors and the Taylor administration
Benefits of being a SHAC member:
- Make a difference in student awareness of the Taylor Health and Wellness Center’s services and programs
- Become involved in health and wellness issues and the decisions that will affect you and your peers
- Increase knowledge of how health care facilities operate
- Strengthen and build leadership skills
- Develop skills in business management, marketing, program development and health promotion
- Meet other students with a shared interest in the well-being of University students
Please contact Jerilyn Reed at 417-836-4045 if you have any questions.