Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is a student organization that acts as a liaison between Magers Health and Wellness Center and the students of Missouri State University. SHAC helps to ensure that students continue to receive excellent health and wellness care.
- Advise the Magers Health and Wellness Center administration on student-focused programs.
- Become actively involved with the campus community and gain leadership experience.
- Assist in the delivery of information about Magers Health and Wellness Center’s varied services, promote healthy lifestyles, and participate in health promotion activities.
- Review current policies and programs and make recommendations to committee advisors and the Magers administration.
Benefits of being a SHAC member:
- Make a difference in student awareness of the Magers Health and Wellness Center’s services and programs.
- Become involved in health and wellness issues and the decisions that will affect you and your peers.
- Increase knowledge of how health care facilities operate.
- Strengthen and build leadership skills.
- Develop skills in business management, marketing, program development, and health promotion.
- Meet other students with a shared interest in the well-being of university students.
Please contact Jerilyn Reed at 417-836-4045 or JerilynReed@MissouriState.edu if you have any questions.