The Mercy Wellness On Tour Bus brings you the area’s only state-of-the-art mammography equipment on wheels. Since 2001, the high-tech health bus, staffed with dedicated Mercy health professionals, has delivered on-site services throughout southwest Missouri.
All mammograms require an order from your provider. Please contact your provider before you contact Mercy Health to set up your mammogram appointment.
The Mercy Wellness On Tour Bus will be located in front of Freudenberger House. Call 417-888-8888 to schedule an appointment. For more information, contact Jerilyn Reed at 417-836-4045.
A mammogram is a low dose X-ray of breast tissue and a screening can detect a lump as early as seven years before it can be felt. The Wellness, On Tour Bus is an extension of Mercy Breast Center. Your films will be read by Mercy’s dedicated mammography radiologists. Films are also read by the Image Checker System. This system is the first FDA-approved computer aided detection system. Early detection is key to higher survival rates and lower treatment costs.
- One in nine women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- Breast cancer accounts for nearly one in three cancers diagnosed in women
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death in U.S. women
- Early detection and treatment is key to higher breast cancer survival rates
- Mammography is an excellent screening tool
Insurance and cost
MSU insurance receives an in-network discounted price. If your wellness/preventative benefit has not been used for the calendar year, MSU insurance will pay 80%.
- 40 years of age (we can do a baseline on 35 and older if they have immediate family history of breast cancer)
- No current breast problems – discharge, lump, pain, etc.
- No previous breast surgeries and/or implants
- Dense breast tissue needs to be examined at the hospitals, not in the wellness bus
- Patient must have an established physician that they would like us to send their report to in order for us to do a mammogram
- Must be at least one year since patient’s last mammogram, regardless of their insurance limitations
- They will be scheduled one patient every 15 minutes
- Each woman will receive a confirmation letter and should take their insurance card to their appointment
2015 Mammogram Bus dates
- February 11
- May 11
- June 10
- October 22
- October 27
- December 15