Taylor Health and Wellness Center is a medical home for the MSU community conveniently located on the Missouri State University campus next to the University bookstore.
Patients are seen in the Taylor Health and Wellness Center by appointment. A limited number of openings are available for sudden illness or injury.
Taylor Health will move to temporary quarters in the Monroe Apartments during construction of the new clinic.
During Homecoming week this semester, students voted overwhelmingly to pass a referendum to build a new Health and Wellness Center.
- Double the space available for health care and wellness teaching
- Provide increased comfort, services and privacy for our patients
- House the Student Counseling Center
- Feature a convenient drive-through pharmacy
- Establish a Women’s Health Center
- Give free strep, mono, CBC, and urinalysis testing for students—done in the Taylor lab
- Offer free Sports Medicine Clinic evaluations for students by a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Expand hours to include an evening clinic and a Saturday morning clinic
- Dedicate a Travel Clinic—with free consultation services for students
- Allow consultant space for clinics, such as dermatology, gynecology, orthopedics, dietetics, diabetic counseling, psychiatry, and others
The current Taylor will be de-constructed early in the fall of 2016 and new construction will commence.
During this time, full clinical, pharmacy and wellness services will continue across the street in the first floor of the Monroe Apartments.
The Monroe Apartments are LEED certified, built with security in mind, and have a front desk staff 24 hours per day.
Watch for more details about this project as we build a new medical home for the Missouri State University community.
Clinic and pharmacy hours of operation
Fall and spring semesters
Monday – Friday: 8am – 6pm
Summer and summer intersessions
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Come to Taylor Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:15pm for your flu shot.
The cost for the seasonal flu vaccine is as follows:
- MSU employees (full and part-time) - No Cost (paid by MSU health insurance plan)
- Household members of employees - No Cost (paid by MSU health insurance plan)
- Retirees - on MSU insurance - No Cost (paid by MSU health insurance plan)
- Retirees on Medicare - No Cost (paid by Medicare) - Check in at the Business Office prior to receiving injection
- Students - No Cost (paid by Student Fees)
- Others - $29.50
- Please note, Taylor Health and Wellness Center does not vaccinate children under 6 years of age. Ages 6-9 years need to bring a copy of their immunization record to determine if the child needs one or two flu vaccines. If you have children less than 6 years of age, please contact their pediatrician for information about the vaccine.
- If you are on Coumadin (warfarin) we must have an INR lab result in the last 3 weeks equal to or less than 3.5.
- Bring your BearPass Card. Dress for easy access to your upper arm.
If you want more information about the vaccine please go to www.cdc.gov/flu/.
For more information about receiving your vaccine at Taylor, please call 836-4000.
Taylor Health and Wellness Center - AAAHC Accredited
Taylor Health and Wellness Center is pleased to announce that for the 7th consecutive time it has met the rigorous criteria of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care guidelines (AAAHC).
This triennial accreditation recognizes our on-going commitment to high-quality care and patient safety by successfully meeting AAAHC Standards.
Taylor Health and Wellness provides care for patients from 6 years of age through age 90+. We have 19 board certified physicians, nurse practitioner, diabetic educator, dietitian, and psychologist to assist you. We see faculty and staff as well as their families. Taylor Health and Wellness also provides laboratory services, radiology and a full service pharmacy with prices that will keep your budget happy. We are your medical home for patient-centered care.