There are several possibilities:
1) Missouri State University offers a Graduate Student Health Insurance Plan for all degree-seeking domestic graduate students who are enrolled in three (3) or more credit hours each semester. This plan covers:
- Access to a 24-hour nurse line
- Academic Emergency Services
- 100% coverage at Bill and Lucille Magers Family Health and Wellness Center
- UnitedHealthcare Options PPO is the Preferred Provider and will provide maximum benefits at lowest cost.
- Value-added discount programs for vision and dental care provided through UnitedHealth Allies Discount Program
For more information about the plan visit here.
This site is by Academic HealthPlans, the company that provides our international student coverage.
The student can select according to their individual preferences with varying premiums and coverage.
These insurance plans are not affiliated with Missouri State University.
This is the federal health insurance web site.
There are some provisions to obtain insurance sooner if the student has various qualifying events which are detailed in this literature.
4) Many students have been purchasing insurance through their parent(s)’ plans, up to student age 26.
5) Insurance can also sometimes be obtained through private agents or directly from the health insurance companies.
Magers continues to offer free basic office visits and reduced lab/radiology/pharmacy/consultant rates for the outpatient care needs of our fee-paying students. We hope the partial list of options above will help our students if they do not yet have health insurance coverage.